Closing Guantanamo, Greg Bruno, Staff Writer, February 12, 2009. Council on Foreign Relations
- The Guantanamo Inmates: Who Are They?
- The Guantanamo Inmates: How to Try Them
- The Guantanamo Inmates: Where to Send Them
- Constitutional and Other Considerations
- See also The Guantánamo Docket – The Detainees: “Of the 779 people who have been detained at the United States military prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, 532 have been transferred and 242 remain, according to analysis by The New York Times of documents from the Department of Defense. In addition, five detainees died while in custody. This interactive database includes information about the detainees, thousands of pages of government documents and links to court records and news media reports.”
- Executive Order regarding Guantanamo Bay detainees, January 22, 2009 – “Executive Order requires closure of the Guantanamo detention center no later than one year from the date of the Order. Closure of the facility is the ultimate goal but not the first step. The Order establishes a review process with the goal of disposing of the detainees before closing the facility.”