Baldrige Cybersecurity Excellence Builder. Key questions for improving your organization’s cybersecurity performance. Draft September 2016, National Institute of Standards and Technology.
“The Baldrige Cybersecurity Excellence Builder is a voluntary self-assessment tool that enables organizations to better understand the effectiveness of their cybersecurity risk management efforts. It helps leaders of organizations identify opportunities for improvement based on their cybersecurity needs and objectives, as well as their larger organizational needs, objectives, and outcomes. Using this self-assessment, you can
- determine cybersecurity-related activities that are important to your business strategy and critical service delivery;
- prioritize your investments in managing cybersecurity risk;
- determine how best to enable your workforce, customers, suppliers, partners, and collaborators to be risk conscious and security aware, and to fulfill their cybersecurity roles and responsibilities;
- assess the effectiveness and efficiency of your use of cybersecurity standards, guidelines, and practices;
- assess the cybersecurity results you achieve; and identify priorities for improvement…”