“Calculators are an essential tool to help you evaluate your current financial situation, and to get you where you want to be in the future. They can tell you if you are in the “ballpark” for retirement, and help you analyze fees associated with mutual funds and 529 Plans. Here are just a few of the tools you’ll find on Investors.gov:
- 401(k) and IRA Required Minimum Distribution Calculator: After age 70½, you are generally required to start withdrawing money from your IRAs and 401(k)s. Find out the minimum amount you’ll need to withdraw, depending on your age and the value of your accounts.
- Compound Interest Calculator: Find out how much your money can grow, using the power of compound interest.
- Social Security Retirement Estimator: Get personalized benefit estimates to help you plan for retirement.
- Worksheet for Determining Your Net Worth: Use this worksheet to list your assets and debts.
- Worksheet for Tracking Your Income and Expenses: Keeping track of your income and expenses will help you stay on track with your financial goals.”