- “Once each year, this quarterly report presents health insurance coverage rates for selected states. In 2011, the percentage of persons who were uninsured at the time of interview among the 32 states shown ranged from 3.9% in Massachusetts to 22.6% in Nevada.
- In 2011, 46.3 million persons of all ages (15.1%) were uninsured at the time of interview, 58.7 million (19.2%) had been uninsured for at least part of the year prior to interview, and 34.2 million (11.2%) had been uninsured for more than a year at the time of interview.
- In 2011, the percentage of children under age 18 years who were uninsured at the time of interview was 7.0%.
- Among adults aged 1925, the percentage uninsured at the time of interview decreased from 33.9% (10 million persons) in 2010 to 27.9% (8.4 million) in 2011.
- Among adults aged 1925, 56.2% were covered by a private plan in 2011, an increase from 2010 (51.0%).
- In 2011, 29.0% of persons under age 65 with private health insurance at the time of interview were enrolled in a high deductible health plan (HDHP), including 9.2% who were enrolled in a consumer-directed health plan (CDHP). More than 50% of persons with a private plan obtained by means other than through employment were enrolled in an HDHP. An estimated 21.4% of persons with private health insurance were in a family with a flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses.”
Pay for a day's hosting for this site... same as buying the blogger a cup of coffee.