“If you plan to travel outside the United States, be sure to check your passport long before your trip. Routine processing times for passport services are 4-6 weeks (expedited services take approximately 2-3 weeks).
- Renew Your Passport – Check your passport’s expiration date. If your passport expires before you plan to return to the United States, then you’ll need to get a new passport before you leave the U.S.
- Apply for a Passport – If you are eligible for a U.S. passport and plan to travel abroad, get application instructions.
- Change or Correct Your Passport – If you need to makes changes or corrections (due to a name change, for example) or add visa pages to your passport, see which forms you need to submit.
- Report Your Lost or Stolen Passport – If your passport has been lost or stolen, report it as soon as you can. Call 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793) in the U.S., or contact the nearest U.S. embassy if you’re overseas.
- Get Additional U.S. Passport Services – Look up passport fees, get the status of your passport application, find information about photo requirements, and more.”