Follow up to June 16, 2009 posting - Draft of the White House Financial Regulatory Overhaul Plan - the White House today released: Financial Regulatory Reform: A New Foundation - Rebuilding Financial Supervision and Regulation - "We must act now to restore confidence in the integrity of our financial system. The lasting economic damage to ordinary families and businesses is a constant reminder of the urgent need to act to reform our financial regulatory system and put our economy on track to a sustainable recovery. We must build a new foundation for financial regulation and supervision that is simpler and more effectively enforced, that protects consumers and investors, that rewards innovation and that is able to adapt and evolve with changes in the financial market. In the following pages, we propose reforms to meet five key objectives..
Below are links related to the White Fact Sheets:
- Requiring Strong Supervision And Appropriate Regulation Of All Financial Firms
- Strengthening Regulation Of Core Markets And Market Infrastructure
- Strengthening Consumer Protection
- Providing The Government With Tools To Effectively Manage Failing Institutions
- Improving International Regulatory Standards And Cooperation
- Related postings on financial system