"CDT filed a "friend of the court" brief in the Southern District of New York [September 4, 2009] requesting that key privacy requirements be included in the Court's approval of the class-action settlement that would dramatically expand Google Book Search. CDT previously released a report in July analyzing the privacy implications of this settlement and is urging the judge to guarantee strong privacy safeguards for the exciting new services Google will be able to offer. The brief asks that the court approve the proposed settlement of the copyright infringement lawsuit between Google and authors and publishers, but to retain oversight in order to monitor implementation of a privacy plan."
- CDT's Amicus Brief in Google Books settlement
- CDT's Report on Google Book Service
- Related postings on Google Book Search
- New York Times: Google Book Project Coolly Received in Europe
- WSJ: Google Curtails Europe Book Plan