HHS - Reducing the Risk of Bone Fracture: A Review of the Research for Adults With Low Bone Density. "Yes, this information is right for you if - Your doctor has said you have low bone density. People with low bone density have one of two conditions:
- Osteopenia: mild low bone density
- Osteoporosis: severe low bone density
- Your doctor has said you may have a higher risk of breaking a bone because of your low bone density.
- You have broken a bone by falling while standing.
- Your doctor has suggested medicines to lower your risk of breaking a bone."