News release: "The Federal Trade Commission has published a guide to help mobile application developers observe truth-in-advertising and basic privacy principles when marketing new mobile apps. The FTC’s new publication, Marketing Your Mobile App: Get It Right from the Start, notes that there are general guidelines that all app developers should consider. They include:
- Tell the Truth About What Your App Can Do.
- Disclose Key Information Clearly and Conspicuously.
- Build Privacy Considerations in From the Start.
- Offer Choices that are Easy to Find and Easy to Use.
- Honor Your Privacy Promises.
- Collect Sensitive Information Only with Consent.
- Keep User Data Secure."