October 30, 2012
Coalition launches Open Wireless Movement
- Dozens of open networks are available at your fingertips.
- The societal expectation is one of sharing, and, as a result, wireless Internet is more efficient.
- The false notion that an IP address could be used as a sole identifier is finally a thing of the past, creating a privacy-enhancing norm of shared networks.
- There are no more restrictive Terms of Service from ISPs requiring closed networks.
- We're working with a coalition of volunteer engineers to build technologies that will let users open their wireless networks without compromising their security or sacrificing bandwidth. And we're working with advocates to help change the way people and businesses think about Internet service."