"The 10th anniversary edition of the State of College Admission report (free to members) provides a detailed look at some of the trends observed in data collected by NACAC over the last ten years. It also offers a recap of some shorter-term observations, which are reflected in periodic research NACAC conducted into issues of concern to students, families, and college admission counseling professionals. Issues such as transfer admission, homeschooling, and student loan debt are among those that gained prominence during the past decade. NACACís 2012 State of College Admission report is based on ten years of surveys of school counselors and colleges and universities nationwide. The report presents information on a variety of topics related to the transition to college and the counseling and admission professions, including:
- High school graduation and college enrollment
- Applications to college
- Early Decision, Early Action, and wait lists
- Factors in the admission decision
- School counselors and college counseling in high schools
- The college admission office"