On May 6, 2009 the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation held the following Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet hearing: The Future of Journalism. Witness statements:
- Marissa Mayer, Vice President, Search Products & User Experience, Google Inc.
- Alberto Ibargüen, President and Chief Executive Officer, John S. And James L. Knight Foundation
- David Simon, Author, TV Producer and Former Newspaperman
- Steve Coll, Former Managing Editor, The Washington Post
- James Moroney, Publisher/CEO, The Dallas Morning News
- Arianna Huffington, Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief, The Huffington Post