“The Affordable Care Act puts in place strong consumer protections, provides new coverage options and gives you the tools you need to make informed choices about your health. In this section, learn about how the law affects you.
- Read the Full Law: Read the full text of the Affordable Care Act or browse and download the law by section.
- Key Features of the Law: Read this section to learn more about your rights and protections, insurance choices, and insurance costs. Get information on important benefits and programs available to seniors and small businesses.
- Timeline: Whats Changing and When: The health care law puts in place reforms that will roll out through 2014 and beyond. Use the timeline or a printable list of key features in chronological order to learn whats changing and when.
- Information for You: Use this section to learn how the law helps different groups of people from young adults to seniors and pregnant women to families with children. Find audience-specific resources, videos, and top things to know.
- Implementation Resources: Find out how the health care law is being carried out across the country. Find links to regulations, authorities, grants, letters, reports, and other information related to the Affordable Care Act.”
- Official text of Supreme Court decision; text with annotations via Bloomberg Law – Natl. Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius, Nos. 11-393, 11-398 and, 11-400, 2012 BL 160004 (U.S. June 28, 2012); and extensive analysis and links to a wide range of commentary and analysis, via SCOTUSBlog, and the persistent URL (PURL) via GPO.
- The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) published a chart identifying the four issues the Court addressed in its decision on the Affordable Care Act, the legal arguments for and against each issue, and a very brief statement of the Court’s respective ruling on each.