HUD to Assist Homeowners Facing Problem Drywall

by Sabrina I. Pacifici on December 23, 2009

Follow up to previous postings on Chinese drywall studies, news that the “U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development announced that FHA-insured families experiencing problems associated with problem drywall may be eligible for assistance to help them rehabilitate their properties. In addition, HUD’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program may also be a resource to help local communities combat the problem…FHA Type 1 Special Forbearance (noted in Mortgagee Letter 2002-17) provides relief that is not typically available under an informal forbearance or repayment plan…All related reports and findings are available online at the CSPC Drywall Information Center.”

Previous post:

Next post: