“The Internet Safety Strategy looks at how we can ensure Britain is the safest place in the world to be online. The Strategy considers the responsibilities of companies to their users, the use of technical solutions to prevent online harms and government’s role in supporting users. The consultation covered various aspects of online safety including:
- the introduction of a social media code of practice, transparency reporting and a social media levy,
- technological solutions to online harms,
- developing children’s digital literacy,
- support for parents and carers,
- adults’ experience of online abuse, and
- young people’s use of online dating websites/ applications.
We have now published the Government response to the consultation. You can find the document here.”