Amazon announces “AI Ready,” a new commitment designed to provide free AI skills training to 2 million people globally by 2025. To achieve this goal, we’re launching new initiatives for adults and young learners, and scaling our existing free AI training programs—removing cost as a barrier to accessing these critical skills. Hiring AI-skilled talent is a priority among 73% of employers—but three out of four who consider it a priority can’t find the AI talent they need. The three new initiatives are:
- Eight new and free AI and generative AI courses
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Generative AI Scholarship, providing more than 50,000 high school and university students globally with access to a new generative AI course on Udacity
- New collaboration with Code.org designed to help students learn about generative AI
The need for an AI-savvy workforce has never been greater. A new study by AWS and research firm Access Partnership found the following:
- Hiring AI-skilled talent is a priority for 73% of employers—but among these, three out of four say they are unable to meet their AI talent needs.
- Employers expect their workers to earn up to 47% more in salaries if they upskill in AI.
- AI will become more integral to the way business is done, with 93% of businesses expecting they will be using AI solutions across their organizations in the next five years…”