“CDC launched its redesigned Healthy Pets Healthy People website, with expanded information about diseases people can catch from pets, farm animals, and wildlife. Users can now search alphabetically by animal and learn which zoonotic diseases they may carry. It is a unique “one-stop shop” where people can learn simple actions to protect themselves – and their pets.
The redesigned website offers:
- An alphabetized list and description of diseases that can spread from animals to humans.
- A list of animal species with the description of diseases associated with the animal.
- Specific groups of people that may be more susceptible to diseases from animals.
- Tips for preventing illnesses acquired from pets and other animals.
- Detailed information about the health benefits of owning a pet.”