ProPublica – “The IRS offers a few simple ways to track the status of your tax refund. Here’s when and how you can keep an eye on it.
- Online: You can check your refund status on the IRS website. See below for the information you’ll need to have handy.
- App: The IRS2Go app is available for both iPhone (iOS) and Android users. You can download it using:
- Phone: The IRS refund hotline is 800-829-1954. This option is especially useful for those who do not have internet access.
What information do I need to track my tax return?
To track your tax return, there are three things you need:
- Your Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
- Your filing status: single filer, married filing jointly, married filing separately, head of household or qualifying widow or widower. Find out what these mean here.
- Your exact refund amount….”