Calling out one day each year to honor a huge group of people, in each town and city in every country around the world, may be a paradigm ready for amendment. We know of countless women whose work, intellect, courage, artistry, faith, inventions, creations, characters, lyrics, poems, speeches, ground breaking achievements, and the list goes on, have impacted all of our lives, irrespective of our acknowledgement or tribute. So, each day, let us all reach out to women we do know, and thank them, in some way. This is not a task, it is not difficult – it a part of what so many women, thankfully, just do. This is in fact an act of daily celebration – even if it is quiet and unheralded, that continues to connect each of us to all those who have come before us, and those who are here with us now – leading change, envisioning tomorrow, and giving us the gift of their strength, integrity, character – and not least of all – hope that every day a little girl somewhere will see a “queen,” and then actually meet her – all lives, forever changed and enriched.
- Gallup – “Women make up half the planet, but many of them have no voice. We’re listening. Today. And always. In fact, over the past decade, we’ve talked to more than 1 million women worldwide about their daily lives — and their hopes for themselves, their families and their world. We plan to keep listening and find out if their hopes become reality.” Read Their Stories
- The full history of women’s leadership hasn’t been told
- A short documentary – 50/50 – Women and Power Directed By Tiffany Shlain | Shatterbox Anthology | Refinery29
- Publishers rejected her, Christians attacked her: The deep faith of ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ author Madeleine L’Engle
- Who Run the World? Famous Female Foresters
- International Women’s Day 2018