“Dear Democratic Colleague, As we enjoy the Holiday Season with loved ones, we are preparing to mark one year since the January 6th assault on the Capitol. I write to make you aware of the activities that will be held that day. The House will not be in session, but a full program of events is being planned, based on Member input. These events are intended as an observance of reflection, remembrance and recommitment, in a spirit of unity, patriotism and prayerfulness. All events will be live-streamed, so that Members can watch and participate from their districts.
- House Pro Forma Session, 12:00 p.m. ET (House Floor): Prayer, Pledge, a statement from the Chair and a Moment of Silence (House Floor).
- Historic Perspective, 1:00 p.m. ET (Cannon Caucus Room): Librarian of Congress Dr. Carla Hayden will moderate a conversation between historians Doris Kearns Goodwin and Jon Meacham to establish and preserve the narrative of January 6th.
- Members’ Testimonials, 2:30 p.m. ET (Cannon Caucus Room): Presided over by Rep. Jason Crow, Members will share their reflections of the day.
- Prayer Vigil, 5:30 p.m. ET (Center Steps, U.S. Capitol): for Members of the House and Senate to join in an observance of the day in prayer and music.
- A livestream of the panel will be available on House Speaker Pelosi’s Facebook page.