“The Gun Violence Archive is an online archive of gun violence incidents collected from over 7,500 law enforcement, media, government and commercial sources daily in an effort to provide near-real time data about the results of gun violence. GVA is an independent data collection and research group with no affiliation with any advocacy organization” The site provides:
- Number of source verified deaths and injuries
- Number of INCIDENTS reported and verified
- Calculation based on CDC Suicide Data
- Actual total of all non-suicide deaths plus daily calculated suicide deaths
- All numbers are subject to change or incidents recategorized as new evidence is established and verified.