WASHINGTON, DC, December 30 2022 — The Ways and Means Committee voted to publicly release the Committee’s investigation of the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) Mandatory Audit Program under the prior administration. The Committee’s investigation found the mandatory program was dormant, at best, with only one audit opened while the former President was in office, and none have been completed.
- Neal’s opening statement is available HERE.
- The Committee’s report is available HERE, and JCT’s report (Attachment I) is available HERE.
- Neal’s Presidential Tax Filings and Audit Transparency Act of 2022 (Attachment J).
- Attachment A, Attachment B, Attachment C, Attachment D, Attachment E, Attachment F, Attachment G, & Attachment H.
- The vote to go into Executive Session was 23-16, and the vote to transmit the documents to the House was 24-16.
- Trump taxes will be published in the Congressional Record for December 30, 2022