Mashable: “Here’s how to stop people finding your Twitter account through your email or phone number:
- Open Twitter.
- If you’re on desktop, click on “More…” in the navigation bar on the left to reveal more options. If you’re on mobile, open the navigation bar by tapping on your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Click or tap on “Settings and privacy” in the navigation bar.
- Click or tap on “Privacy and safety.”
- Click or tap on “Discoverability and contacts.”
- You will be taken to a menu that allows you to control how others can find your account. Select or toggle whether people can find you via your email or phone number.
You can change these settings at any time, so you can re-enable your discoverability if you suddenly decide to come clean about your online activities.”